Let’s be honest – we are all busy. Everyone is busy. Whether you are working 40, 60 or 80 hours a week – it is super hard to balance eat healthy and exercise into your work week!
We totally get it. Meaghan and I have a not so pretty commute ranging from 1-2 hours on certain days, and spend about 10 hours per week in the car commuting. HB Side note: If this is you too, I highly recommend getting satellite radio. Seriously, satellite radio will change your life and your attitude like you don’t even know. Anyway, we drive a lot. And if you can push yourself to drive 1-2 hours home, and go straight to the gym you might not get home until 8 – 9 oclock. Good for you for pushing yourself to go the gym! Now you are starving, what do you eat that is healthy and quick?
Salmon is filled with heart & brain healthy omega-3s, not to mention the fish oil does wonders for your skin, hair and nails. Did you know that a 5oz piece of salmon only takes 12-15 minutes to cook??! Welcome to your busy weeknight dinner. Check it out:
Teriyaki Salmon and Sugar Snap Peas
Time: 20 minutes or less
- 1 5oz salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons Soy Vay teriyaki sauce, separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, washed
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a small pyrex dish with olive oil spray and place the salmon filet into the pan.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of the Soy Vay, and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes (until fully cooked at 145 degrees internal temperature).
- Meanwhile, heat a medium sized frying pan to medium heat.
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan when heated, followed by the garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sugar snap peas, and saute on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until they are cooked, but firm.
- Turn the heat down to low, and add the 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the salmon is cooked, plate along with the cooked sugar snap peas and garnish with scallion.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your healthy meal that you made in less than 20 minutes!
This meal provides the lean meat and the non-starchy vegetable portions for your Healthy Bachelorette Portion Plate.
What is your go-to Healthy Bachelorette meal? Leave us a comment below or share on social media using #MyHBMeal!