We hope you all had an amazing and fun weekend!
It’s Sunday night – have you used your Healthy Bachelorette Work Week Meal Planner yet? If not, here is a healthy lunch recipe to get your Monday started off right!
We are big fans of creative salads for lunch. I know, I know…sounds boring, but it really can be fun! While it is ideal to save time (and avoid morning grumpy-ness) to make lunch at night, I will admit that I typically forget to do this. This salad was put together last Thursday morning with the ingredients we had on hand, and it all came together pretty well! It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
Turkey & Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups organic girl spinach and arugula
- 2 ounces roasted turkey breast
- 1 ounce Feta cheese
- 4 slices cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- Make your cuts – chop the turkey and red onion. Slice cucumber into half moons.
- Place spinach and arugula mix into a large Tupperware container.
- Top your salad with the roast turkey, feta cheese, cucumber slices, red onion and sunflower seeds.
- Before serving, top with your favorite vinaigrette dressing (I used this Red Wine Vinaigrette)
Lunch Box: Stay Cooler by Vera Bradley
Note about the turkey: deli turkey is a lean meat, however it does also contain a lot of sodium and nitrates. If you are looking for a healthier (and cheaper) option, try roasting a whole turkey breast and slicing it yourself. Divide the cooked turkey breast up by the pound, put into a large Ziplock, and freeze. This way you can take out 1 bag at a time and defrost it as you need it. One pound of Boar’s Head turkey at the local Publix runs anywhere from $9-$13 per pound! Purchasing a whole turkey breast will run you around $12 or so, but will get anywhere from 3 to 4 pounds of turkey from it. You can save up to $10 per pound by roasting your own turkey!