Another day, another chicken. I will admit, it can get pretty old by the end of the week. Like the rest of the world, I too am always looking for new ways to spruce it up. I served this with some leftover brown rice and salad, but it would go nicely with a variety of veggies and grains!
Greek Style Chicken with Feta & Fresh Herbs
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 1-2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbs plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbs low fat mayonnaise
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Crumbled Feta Cheese, to your liking
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon, optional
- Olive oil, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Gather your ingredients, a casserole dish, small mixing bowl, cutting board, and knife.
3. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and place in your casserole. Mix the greek yogurt and mayonnaise together in a small bowl, spread evenly over the top of each chicken breast.
4. Chop up your rosemary and oregano, feel free to add more if you like! Spread evenly over the chicken breasts. Continue to slice your red onion and garlic nice and thin, place on top of the herbs.
5. Go ahead and knock your socks off by topping it all off with some crumbled Feta! You can do this to your liking or use my photo below as a guide. Squeeze half your lemon over all this good stuff and if you have a zester, zest away! Do a light drizzle of olive oil on top of each chicken breast and season with some black and/or red pepper if you like.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.