As we approach the unofficial “end” of summer this weekend, I thought I would share a fresh and healthy summer recipe with y’all!
Though the calendar technically indicates that summer is coming to an end soon, South Carolina is still seeing temperatures in the 90s. Thus, my herbs have been going NUTS! Below is a photo of my “mint bush,” which started out as a scrawny mint plant growing in my window. As you can see, I have a lot of mint cooking and drinking to do. Check back for more mint drink recipes here soon!
Looking for a dish to bring to a Labor Day picnic this weekend? The Healthy Bachelorette’s have a great summer dish for you to bring!
Homegrown Cucumber and Mint Salad
- 1 medium sized cucumber (I used a 10oz one), chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 15 citrus mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Feta cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the cucumbers, red onion and mint.
- Add in the vinegar, olive oil, feta cheese and ground pepper.
- Toss together evenly and serve!
What kind of recipes featuring mint would you like to see (including craft cocktails)?