So we have all heard it again and again: use the portion plate to plan your meals. But what does that LOOK like?
Here is an idea for a simple, yet healthy and yummy lunch for the work week. Here’s how it works out:
- 1/2 your plate vegetables = 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 of your plate carbs = 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/4 of your plate lean meat = 2oz sliced turkey
BONUS: The avocado gives this sandwich some healthy fats and also will help keep you full. This lunch only has 255 calories! Be sure to surround it with a healthy morning and afternoon snack (think 1/4 cup nuts or a KIND bar).
Healthy Bachelorette Work Day Lunch:
Turkey Avocado and Tomato Sandwich with “Bells”
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (I used Dave’s 21 whole grain)
- 2oz sliced deli turkey
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 tablespoon guacamole OR 2 slices avocado
- Spinach leaves (I used about 1oz)
- 1 medium bell pepper
- Assemble the sandwich by toasting the bread, and then cutting the slice in half. On the bottom half stack the turkey, tomato and spinach and avoacdo (if you are using) and top with other half of bread. If you a re using guacamole spread 1 tablespoon on the top piece of bread.
- Slice the bell pepper.
- Chow down!
What does your Healthy Bachelorette lunch look like? Share comments and photos below!