Figs & honey. They go together just like peanut butter and jelly.
It was one of those mornings where I realized I had no “breakfast food” in the house. Luckily, we have a fig tree. Figs taste amazingly sweet, but not too sweet – but honestly fresh figs are so much better with honey.
Try this yummy and simple sandwich for breakfast, as an appetizer at a party or as a snack. You can make the sandwich as an open face, or close it up for a more traditional sandwich.
Fig, Honey and Goat Cheese Sandwich
- 1 slice Sprouted Gain Bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 3 figs, sliced
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium heat. Brush the bread with the olive oil on both sides. Toast on the pan about 6 minutes (3 on each side).
- Spread 1 ounce of goat cheese onto the bread.
- Slice each fig into 3-4 slices. Place on top of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and serve!
I love this small colander for washing fruits and berries. It’s perfect for one serving!