Welcome to the first post of our #PumpkinSpiceSeries!! We couldn’t be more excited for fall, especially fall foods! What better way to start off our series than with the classic pumpkin spice latte?!
Did you know that a tall “skinny” Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte has 216 calories? Try this amazingly easy and absolutely delicious recipe for just you or make a few to share! Not to mention, it has 100 calories less than the Starbucks version (it’s not $4 either). I’m telling you, it is so good that I am drinking it at 10pm (yup, tomorrow is gonna be rough).
Healthy Bachelorette Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- Add 1 shot of espresso to a coffee mug.
- Stir brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice into mug with the hot espresso.
- Froth the milk using a milk frother. Add the milk into the mug first and stir. Top with foam.
- Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition facts: 113 calories, 18.7g total carbohydrates, 5.4g protein
I don’t have an espresso machine, however a friend got us this awesome and adorable Bialetti 1 cup espresso maker that you simply put on the stove. It’s a great option for a small kitchen or for someone who isn’t ready to commit to a larger espresso maker.
What #PumpkinSpiceSeries recipes are you looking forward to this fall? Leave your comments below. We will be coming at you with a new one every Thursday until the end of October!