Is it me or did fall sneak up on us this year? I’m OK with it because fall dishes > summer dishes (in my opinion anyway). So grab a beer, head to the bonfire and get ready for some awesome Healthy Bachelorette recipes with fall flavors!
I think you are going to love this dish because a) the flavor combinations are amazing and b) it takes 20 minutes to make. Even if you don’t consider yourself a “cook” you can definitely make this recipe. It’s a spinach ravioli that is topped with yummy fall veggies and apples. The combination of the saltiness of the pancetta and the sweetness of the apples means no additional seasonings are needed.
Now here’s the thing about pasta. I am from upstate NY and love me some homemade pasta, however I do not make my own pasta. I have made ravioli before while at ‘Cuse , and completely appreciate the labor of pasta making. I really just have decided that at this time in my life making pasta is just not a priority. The next best way to get fresh pasta? Buy the fresh pasta in the refrigerated section of the grocery store (not the dried stuff). #HBTip: Choose whole wheat when you can, and choose a veggie ravioli to cut the calories and fat by avoiding the meat or 4 cheese options.
Spinach Ravioli with Apples and Pancetta
- 5 Spinach Ravioli
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 0.5 oz Boar’s Head pancetta
- 1/2 Gala apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow squash, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts, optional
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add in ravioli. Cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked to your favorite texture.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan to medium heat. Add the butter and pancetta and saute for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add in the sliced apples and yellow squash and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cover for 3-5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Place drained ravioli in a bowl, top with the cooked pancetta, apples, squash and spinach.
- Optional: top with chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts 1 serving: 486 kcals, 46g total carb, 8g fiber, 9g saturated fat, 739mg sodium.
We hope you enjoy these flavors of fall! Let us know your comments below 🙂