Sometimes, mornings are hard. I recently had an unfortunate morning that involved my phone alarm not going off, spilling a bag of coffee grounds all over the kitchen floor, and worst of all – forgetting my well packed bag of food for the day!! I’m sure you’ve been there and its not fun!! These types of days usually result in a medley of unorganized eating patterns because a rough morning really screws with my whole day. These 5 Ingredient no-bake bars are a great staple to keep in your freezer to grab when you’re simply on the go, in need of a snack, or having a disastrous morning! Not too mention, the Trader Joe’s Coco Chips I used as a topping are AHHmazing.
Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Breakfast Bars
Makes 4 Bars!
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter of your choice
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Handful of Trader Joe’s Coco Chips on top (Can also use 2 tbsp regular shredded coconut)
- Optional extras: cranberries, chocolate chips, slivered or whole almonds/pecans, chia seeds, flaxseeds
1. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, peanut butter, mashed banana, and cinnamon. It works well to microwave the peanut butter for 15 seconds to soften it slightly, prior to mixing. Mix well until thick mixture is well combined.
2. Place a large piece of plastic wrap in a loaf pan, this will allow you to easily remove the bars when finished. Press the, oatmeal mixture into the bottom and evenly flatten. Top the mixture with the honey and coco chips. Wrap up with the extra plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Slice and serve, keep in the fridge for 5 days or freeze individually wrapped!