Curried chicken is something I crave randomly. I have my favorite spots to eat it and rarely bother to make it at home because, well, it just isn’t as good… until now! I crafted this easy recipe in my own hot and steamy kitchen the other day because I just couldn’t stop thinking about it! Hope you can enjoy it as much as I did for your next lunch! Note some easy tips and adjustments in my picture captions! 🙂
Curried Chicken Salad with Purple Cabbage Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1lb chicken breast or tenderloins
- 1 green onion
- 1 small handful parsley
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 10 cashews
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2-4 leaves of Purple cabbage, washed
1. Place the raw chicken breast in a medium sized pot, fill with water 1 inch above the chicken breast. Bring to a simmer on the stove and poach the chicken breast for about 15 minutes or until the juices run clear.
2. While the chicken is cooking, finely dice the green onion, parsley, and celery and place into large bowl.
3. Measure out the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, cumin, and lemon juice an add to the bowl.
4. Chop or crush the cashews into small pieces and add to the bowl.
5. Lastly, add the cranberries and seasonings.
6. Once your chicken is finished, chop into bite size pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well and serve immediately or refrigerate for 2 hours to chill it.
7. Serve in purple cabbage lettuce wraps or bread/pita of your choice!