It’s Wednesday night at 7pm, and you’re just getting home. What to make for dinner? This amazingly easy and healthy warm kale salad of course! It’s a week night meal for one under 400 calories. With only 5 ingredients it can’t get any easier. This dish is both gluten free and dairy free and full of flavor. With the weather getting cooler (finally!) this combination of apples, walnuts and kale is perfect for a September weeknight dinner.
Chop all of your ingredients first, and then add them in step by step. Layer the dish until completion and then enjoy with your favorite book or magazine 🙂 Or you can be like me and watch My Best Friends Wedding. #90sgirlproblems
Warm Kale Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Pancetta
- 1.5oz pancetta
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small apple, cubed
- 5oz (1/2 10oz bag) of Trader Joe’s Organic Tuscan Kale
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and sautee for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the sliced onions and garlic and sautee for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add black pepper to taste.
- Add in the cubed apple pieces and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the kale to the skillet. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes. Toss and cover again for 1 minute, being careful not to over cook the kale as it could become bitter.
- Add the kale and apple dish to a bowl, and top with walnuts.