Did you know that October is Apple month? So far we have brought you several apple recipes in our It’s Fall Y’all series including our:
- Warm Kale Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Pancetta
- 3 Cheese Apple and Arugula Pizza
- Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Apple Quinoa Kale Salad with Honey Viniagrette
How are you liking them so far? Next week will be our last apple recipe – so be sure to check back!!
This weekend was the fantastic Fall for Greenville – and it did not disappoint! I was so grateful to have my baby brother (who is, ahem, 24) and his girlfriend Erin here to visit. We always have such an awesome time and the weather in SC in October is perfect! We did a lot of eating and drinking downtown, but tried out some stuff at home too. Check out the Apple Cider Sangria Erin and I came up with on Sunday! It’s the perfect combination of cozy flavors and just enough sweet. Like Erin said, “it doesn’t take like wine or vodka at all, it tastes just like apple cider – which is why Sangria is so awesome!”
Apple Cider White Wine Sangria
Servings: 6 wine glasses
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 2.5 cups Trader Joe’s Spiced Apple Cider, divided
- 0.5 cup Vodka
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- Apple slices for garnish
- Combine 1/2 cup of the apple cider with 2 cinnamon sticks and boil in a small pot for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the Pinot Grigio, 2 cups of apple cider, vodka, apple and cinnamon stick/cider combination into a large pitcher.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Serve in a wine glass with an apple slice, and optional cinnamon sugar wine glass rim.
- Enjoy with dinner or by a bonfire!