Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA for the last couple of months…I’m not sure if you heard the news yet – but I am excited to share with you all that Trevor and I are engaged!! Not only are we engaged, but Meaghan is my maid of honor! Super exciting 🙂
This healthy bachelorette has been wedding planning like woah! Of course, we have been meal planning and cooking healthy meals and I am excited to getting back to sharing some of my recipes with you all.
Here is a recipe I made the other night that is perfect for a summer weeknight dinner out on the porch, or to bring to your 4th of July picnic. It’s a great side dish for grilled salmon or chicken, or even put it on a bed of arugula for a refreshing summer lunch. If you start snacking it on for breakfast, that’s not the end of the world either. The best part? It has 5 just ingredients!
Simple Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
Serves: 2 servings, 2 leftovers
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 large local cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Cut the watermelon and cucumber.
- In a large glass bowl, add the watermelon cubes, cut cucumber, olive oil and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Add in the feta cheese and toss the salad to mix ingredients evenly.
- Serve cold – can store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.