As previously noted, if I could be any vegetable I would be a cucumber.
Here is even more evidence that a cucumber is one of the most diverse vegetables out there. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this cool Cucumber Cilantro Margarita! This recipe takes a healthy twist on the traditional Margarita which can run ~350 calories per drink. I replaced the traditional sugar loaded sour mix with a healthy (and also green) cucumber juice, and added a hint of cilantro flavor. This recipe pairs perfectly with our Chicken Fajita Bowl for a yummy Cinco de Mayo dinner! Enjoy 🙂
Cucumber Cilantro Margarita
- 1 cucumber, washed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4oz Silver Tequila
- 2oz Triple Sec
- 0.5oz simple syrup
- Combine the cucumber, cilantro leaves, lime juice, tequila, simple syrup and triple sec into a food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Using a small mesh strainer, pour the Margarita into a large glass. Discard the “chunks” of cucumber. Note: Use the back of a spoon to press and release the liquid into the glass.
- Divide the cocktail between two glasses and serve over ice!
Enjoy y’all! Happy Cinco de Mayo 🙂
What better way to celebrate the 4th of July than with a frozen treat, right?! If you are looking for something to bring to a party this summer, definitely check out or Cran-lemonade Vodsicles! Meaghan actually got me this awesome Zoku Popsicle mold for my birthday, and I have been dying to use it (photo below). This was the perfect opportunity! These vodsicles are easy to make with only 4 ingredients, and are fun and refreshing – not to mention they only have 60 calories!
Cran-lemonade Vodsicles with Lime & Mint
Yields: 6 Vodsicles
- 3 cups Ocean Spray Light Cran-Lemonade
- 2 oz vodka
- 6 thin lime slices
- 12 mint leaves
- In a large bowl or pitcher, mix together the cran-lemonade and vodka.
- Place 1 lime slice and 2 mint leaves in each Popsicle mold.
- Fill the mold 3/4 full, or until the fill line with the cran-lemonade vodka mix.
- Place the Popsicle sticks and tops into the mold. Freeze overnight, at least 10 hours.
- Remove from mold, and enjoy!!
Check out these Zoku Popsicle Molds Here
What type of fun Popsicle recipes do you want to see on the blog? Sangria, Watermelon, Bellini? Leave your comments below, we can’t wait to read them!
Happy 4th of July Healthy Bachelorette’s!!!!