8 ingredient granola, people! It doesn’t get much better than this! Deliciously festive and healthy making both the perfect breakfast and/or holiday gift. I’ve added dried cranberries and walnuts however, feel free to substitute with something of similar of your choice! Get your pumpkin on and enjoy!
8 Ingredient Granola!
Maple Pumpkin & Cranberry Granola
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1.Heat the oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with wax paper.
2. Combine the oats, walnuts, cranberries, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. Heat the pumpkin puree and maple syrup in a small saucepan, whisk until combined and heated through lightly, 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix with a wooden spoon. Spread evenly over wax paper lined sheet pan.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove pan and stir mixture with wooden spoon. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes, mix again and let cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week!
Combined wet and dry ingredients.
25 minutes later!
Tis’ the season for pumpkin spice everything people!! I am truly ecstatic about it being socially acceptable to post pumpkin spice recipes on the regular… although I have been known to indulge mid July on occasion. Besides all that, this bread is made with half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour to add a little fiber and protein into your fabulous diet! The simplest small adjustments can really do wonders for a baked bread. This one is chock full of healthy ingredients making it a very acceptable addition to your breakfast or mid afternoon snack perhaps! Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1 15oz can unsweetened whole pumpkin
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the pumpkin, yogurt, honey, sugar, vanilla, egg, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly by hand with a wooden spoon. Set bowl to the side.
3. In another medium bowl, combine the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold slowly into bowl with the wet ingredients, combine thoroughly but do not over mix. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.
4. To prepare the streusel, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over dough. Bake in the oven for 1 hour until a fork comes out clean from the center.