I’ve always been a fan of breakfast for any meal, especially when it involved fresh organic eggs and delicious French cheeses. Frittatas can be easily influenced by any spice blend and go well with basically any type of vegetable. Eggs have densely packed protein and vital nutrients… more than a great choice for any meal!
Tomato & Camembert Frittata
Serves: 2 (with leftovers)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Fresh pepper & pinch of salt
- 4 oz soft cheese (Camembert, Brie, goat cheese etc)
1. Turn on oven broiler.
2. Crack six eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add in parsley, dill, tomatoes, scallions, pepper & salt. Whisk briskly until eggs are broken up and ingredients are combined.
3. Lightly butter an oven-proof skillet and pour egg mixture into the pan. Top with sliced soft cheese.
4. Place in oven and bake for approximately 7-9 minutes. Every oven is different so be sure to monitor that it is not burning. The top should be lightly toasted and the inside soft like scrambled eggs. Serve with sides of your choice!
* You may also cook this on your stove top on low medium-heat, covered, for the the same amount of time! 🙂
A few months ago, I purchased these great personal au gratin pans from the virtual land of good and plenty, Amazon. Let me tell you, these things are amazing. Not only can you legitimately cook anything in them, they also conveniently give you a correctly portioned plate – not too mention they look pretty fancy. These are great for making a fast easy dish for yourself or make it even easier if feeding a few of your hungry friends! I ended up serving this with some leftover brown rice as you will see below! ** Also know that this is very easily made in a regular sized casserole pan!!
Roasted Pork Loin with Lemon Pepper Zucchini
Serves: 2 people
- 12-16 oz pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning, to taste (Trader Joes has a good one!)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided (olive oil will also work!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rinse your pork and place on a cutting board, pat dry. Slice your pork into 2-3 equal pieces and place in each of your au gratin pans OR the entire piece on a regular sized casserole pan. Evenly spread the soy sauce over the pork loin.
3. Wash those hands, grab a new cutting board/knife. Chop up the onions and garlic and place into a small mixing bowl. Continue to chop the basil and parsley and add them to the mixing bowl. Add red/black pepper seasoning to taste with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Mix ingredients together and spread evenly over the pork.
4. Chop the zucchini and place into the dish with the pork. Season with a pinch or 2 of lemon pepper seasoning and drizzle the remaining sesame oil on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Serve with your choice of whole grains and enjoy!
Another day, another chicken. I will admit, it can get pretty old by the end of the week. Like the rest of the world, I too am always looking for new ways to spruce it up. I served this with some leftover brown rice and salad, but it would go nicely with a variety of veggies and grains!
Greek Style Chicken with Feta & Fresh Herbs
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 1-2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbs plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbs low fat mayonnaise
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Crumbled Feta Cheese, to your liking
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon, optional
- Olive oil, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Gather your ingredients, a casserole dish, small mixing bowl, cutting board, and knife.
3. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and place in your casserole. Mix the greek yogurt and mayonnaise together in a small bowl, spread evenly over the top of each chicken breast.
4. Chop up your rosemary and oregano, feel free to add more if you like! Spread evenly over the chicken breasts. Continue to slice your red onion and garlic nice and thin, place on top of the herbs.
5. Go ahead and knock your socks off by topping it all off with some crumbled Feta! You can do this to your liking or use my photo below as a guide. Squeeze half your lemon over all this good stuff and if you have a zester, zest away! Do a light drizzle of olive oil on top of each chicken breast and season with some black and/or red pepper if you like.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Serve with a veggie and whole grain, enjoy the rest for lunch tomorrow! 😀