How adorable are these South Carolina wine glasses that one of my bridesmaids got us for our engagement?
Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA for the last couple of months…I’m not sure if you heard the news yet – but I am excited to share with you all that Trevor and I are engaged!! Not only are we engaged, but Meaghan is my maid of honor! Super exciting 🙂
This healthy bachelorette has been wedding planning like woah! Of course, we have been meal planning and cooking healthy meals and I am excited to getting back to sharing some of my recipes with you all.
Here is a recipe I made the other night that is perfect for a summer weeknight dinner out on the porch, or to bring to your 4th of July picnic. It’s a great side dish for grilled salmon or chicken, or even put it on a bed of arugula for a refreshing summer lunch. If you start snacking it on for breakfast, that’s not the end of the world either. The best part? It has 5 just ingredients!
Simple Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
Serves: 2 servings, 2 leftovers
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 large local cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Cut the watermelon and cucumber.
- In a large glass bowl, add the watermelon cubes, cut cucumber, olive oil and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Add in the feta cheese and toss the salad to mix ingredients evenly.
- Serve cold – can store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Your long weekend starts NOW! I have been in craft cocktail mood lately posting all of these drink recipes, but I promise I will get back to blogging about food soon 🙂
Here is a Memorial Day Weekend cocktail recipe that uses one of our favorite products, Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka! Before we started our “real jobs,” Meaghan and I took a trip out to Wadmalaw Island, SC (45 min from Charleston) to the Firefly Distillery and Irvin House Vineyards. I believe our actual words were “why go wine tasting when you can go vodka tasting?!” We had a blast at the distillery, it is a very quaint farm with lots of dogs and wildlife. Bonus: they give you a free Firefly shot glass for tasting! Since 2011, I have been quite a few times, and may now have a complete set of Firefly shot glasses. Ok maybe I like Firefly a little too much…
Meaghan & Brittany at the Firefly Distillery June 2011
So many Firefly shot glasses
We hope you enjoy this delicious cocktail that uses Firefly Skinny Tea and LaCroix sparkling flavored water, totaling in only 96 calories per drink! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Mint & Lime Skinny Sweet Tea Cocktail
Ingredients for 1 drink:
- Add the mint leaves and Firefly Vodka to the bottom of a small mason jar. Muddle the mint to infuse the Skinny Tea with the natural flavor.
- Add 6oz of La Croix Lime to the mason jar. Fill the rest of the jar with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy by a bonfire on a warm southern summer night.
Has anyone else been to the Firefly Distillery? Which flavor is your favorite?