Since you really can’t tell it’s September yet, why not hang on to the last of the fresh summer produce?! Strawberries have been so delicious this year and I’m always looking for alternative ways to eat therm, other then shoveling them into my mouth. I definitely have a sweet tooth; however, it’s nice when you know your dessert contains healthy ingredients like oatmeal, cinnamon, and fresh fruit. OH, and bit of Kate’s butter makes it even better (everything in moderation, people!). Enjoy this dessert and don’t you dare feel bad about it, TREAT YOSELF!
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (You can also try peaches, blueberries, rasperries, blackberries, pears, or apples!)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and roughly chop the strawberries. Equally divide between two small oven proof dishes as pictured.
- In a small bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter. Mix well.
- Equally top both dishes with the mixture and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.